Our Crestmead Infant care room is licensed for 8 infants with 2 permanently employed educators.
Experience with infants over the years has taught us that sometimes babies are not predictable and a third educator may be employed to assist with the room.
Several factors will be considered in determining when three educators will work in this group they include;
- How many bookings there is on each day – no point having three educators with one baby.
- If a new infant is to start at the service – extra help is often needed while settling and bonding with children.
- The ages within the group.
- The individual needs of each infant.
Our main focus in the room is forming secure attachments with your baby. Secure attachments and trust develop when we respond consistently, sensitively and confidently. Our attachment however will not affect your babies’ attachment to you – it helps them be close to people.
Current research very clearly tells us that babies who experience any care that is unresponsive, unpredictable or threatening may develop problems developing trust and attachment, this often affects a child’s overall development.
What we will do to establish Infant connections
- Connect with parents so you feel relaxed and confident in using the service.
- Smile at your baby – so simple but so powerful
- Baby massage or bath
- Read Stories
- Have tummy time and encourage your child to reach their infant milestones.